February 14, 2007
Woke up with contractions, timed them and they were about 15 minutes apart. Decided to take care of a few things in case Brian and I needed to take an early drive to my appointment. I ran my errands and returned at the same time Brian pulled up. He had called to check on me and my mom had told him I was running the errand and was having contractions, its going to happen. So we went an hour early to the Dr.'s office. The nurse sent us to the hospital and so it began. Got to triage at 10, was monitored for 2 hours then moved to labor and delivery. The pain started to steadily get worse and about 1:30 I got the beloved epideral. The Dr. came and broke my water at 2:30 and returned at 3:20 in time to say, "push!" I pushed and after many grunts groans and screams, at 3:35, Katy was here. 
Weighing in at 10 lbs 1 oz, and 21 1/4" long she surprised us all. Especially the Dr. who 2 weeks earlier told me I could not be induced without the baby being overly big (9 lbs +) or having a medical emergency. No harm no foul. I even had to laugh when it was all done, had I had any real clue... but we made it through. We have a very healthy baby girl. We came home today and all is as good as can be expected, maybe even a little better than that. Enjoy and we will update soon.

February 16, 2007
Happy Birthday, Katy!
Posted by Myrna at 5:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Way to go 10 pounder! I had to laugh at that knowing what the doctor had said about induction. Don't you just love how someone who sees you one time a month for 9 months, plus a few extra at the end, knows your body better than you do?
Anyway... Congrats guys! Katy is a beautiful little baby and we're so excited for you. Keep those pictures coming :) Not like you have anything better to do right?
Hey, congrats. Kristi has gotten big. And your new baby sure came out big. I am very happy and glad for you. We should meet together one of these times and hang out. I am glad everything went okay. Take care.
Sammy
Post a Comment