Buddy, our trusted dog, has picked up a few new tricks. He loves to get anything left sitting in his reach for too long, as soon as we turn our heads, he grabs it. Not unlike most pups. Now he has gotten to where he will jump up to try and get things out of his reach, especially in the kitchen. Still he is so cute. So the best new trick, he loves to race, especially when the front door is opened. He is trusted to race away like his tail is on fire. Naturally the more you chase him the faster he runs. Over the weekend Brian chased him 2 or 3 times and today as I opened the door for a friend to leave he snuck out. (one of the disadvantages of having a small dog.) My friend immediately started chasing him and of course he ran harder, halfway up the street I took over while she kept an eye on the kids. In my mind was the thought, let him go, he'll either come back or he won't. Of course I couldnt just let him go, we dont have a tag for him and how would I explain that to Kristy. So I continued to chase him the remaining half of the street and around the corner. I finally grabbed him and got him home. While I appreciate his forcing me to get my excercise, I dont appreciate the timing. Needless to say, he is in timeout for a while. Oh, for the love of dogs!
March 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment