So I have decided that I am not going to continue with my portrait photography, beyond a few customers that I have been taking pics of for years regularly. I am still going to of course continue taking pics of life and the girls and such but unless I land a job on a payroll to take pics I am hanging up my hat in the photography business. If time allows I may look into the possibility of selling landscape pictures but am likely done for a while. It is something I love doing and am thrilled to be able to document peoples lives but with all the activities we have with the girls and work, time is just too precious to work so much. I have found myself letting people down because I over extend myself with commitments and simply can't do it all. Also with the training and deployment we are looking at Brian going for, really in the not distant spring, our family really needs all the time we can gather. This year I have been in a phase of self discovery and development. I have been doing a lot more for myself and have found that I am at a bit of a standstill with my physical improvement and am in need of attention to other areas to be able to really get to where I need to be. I will eventually re evaluate this decision and possible get back to it but for now it will simply be a way to document the precious moments in life that are passing too quickly to remember for generations to come. Maybe I will be able to get back to making the girls scrapbooks in the little bit of extra time I may have freed from this decision. Regardless we will continue to keep up the blogs and work on making life all we want it to be.
October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment