
Who is this you might ask. Well that is what we thought when he walked by and shook Brians hand and then mine and introduced himself as Michael Wynne... still confused, he is the Secretary of the Air Force. Kinda cool huh. We also met John from "Five for Fighting" and got to enjoy dinner seated at the table with the commander of the Marine detachment here on base and the highest enlisted marine on base... and you'll never guess that with all that rank they are still just people! It was really a beautiful night. I also witnessed, for the first time, the General over Edwards AFB, presenting a frame I made to someone. It was the coolest thing. He held it up and the cameras were being fed to huge screens around the room that made it look 10 feet tall, when in reality it was only 2.5 ft tall. It was very exciting. Of course being that it was a ball I left my hunky camera at home to allow for dancing, so I relied on friends for pics. We will see if I can get more later. The theme of the ball this year was "Zero to 60 and still accelerating", to celebrate the 60th birthday of the AF. Seeing that we are hoping to be changing careers soon we were especially happy to attend this event knowing it will "hopefully" be the last opportunity. It was great. We got all dolled up and got a night out... so nice.
September 23, 2007
AF BALL
Posted by Myrna at 10:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Looks like Fun! Wish I coulda gone with ya!
Oh well...
Love the pics n videos!
Post a Comment