CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 20, 2007

Hmmm

Didn't realize it had been so long since I had posted, I guess it could be worse but here it is... 1st- Brian and the tourney up north. He did really well, there were more than 180 entries and he qualified for the tourney in 36th place. He won his first two sets (three games against the same opponent). He then went back and ended up playing his 3rd game against the #1 qualifier. He was not able to win, although had he not be so tired from the drive and day he may have been close if not won. He ended up taking 17th. Very good in my opinion.

2nd- Background phase of CHP is almost complete, we are just waiting for the final word. There is a few papers we are waiting to mail in and then the investigator should be done (or so we think). Keep checking for further updates. We also found out that the class start date will be either mid January or April. So we are either looking at 6 weeks of terminal leave, or 6 weeks of waiting after his enlistment expires. Of course talking about those possibilities we realized we are only about 15 weeks from the earlier option... yikes, not quite ready to move!

3rd- My dad is back out visiting and helping us with the girls. I have a friend who will watch the girls once she is recovered from her surgery so until then grandpa is here helping.

Enough counting... Tomorrow is the 60th birthday of the Air Force. In celebration we will be attending the Air Force Ball (the prom of the Air Force). I have been promised it will be a great evening by some of my customers who are involved in the planning. We are very excited.

Katy got a new toy, it is a bouncer that allows her to feel like she is on our level without being held. She is past the 7 month point already and is crawling and sitting up and will stand with assistance. Kristy is now bowling in a peewee league and is enjoying that. She is so fun! She is a chatty little girl, she makes up songs and stories that don't always make sense but they are still great. I have to think and ask where she comes up with some of the stuff. Any way...

Finally, I saw a friend today, whom I met while photographing her daughters wedding. It is the first time I have seen her since hearing of her daughter passing away a few months ago. As we shared a hug she told me, "make sure you tell people you love them." I have to say, I don't do this enough. I know this is generic, but if you are reading this chances are you care for us as much as we care for you. So if you haven't heard it from me lately, I love you! Its hard to see people seem so lost. While I am confident life is not over with death, it does not make it any less devastating to lose a loved one. That said, know that we love you.

1 comments:

shortcakesmom said...

Kristy's hair is so cute! I like it. Katy is getting so big! They grow up so fast don't they?
And just so you know because I'm crappy at saying it myself, but We love you guys too! I know John and I don't let any time pass without saying it but I know I'm not too good at telling others around me how I feel about them. So that's sound advice!
By the way...we miss you guys!