CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

August 16, 2008

Orientation

Before I get to yesterday... The song Tomorrow from Annie has been added to my playlist because it is one of Kristy's favorite movies now. She has been singing the chorus for the last 2 weeks always adding a few extra tomorrows. Being that it is almost the day before she FINALLY starts school, I decided it was a fitting soundtrack.

Orientation was good, mostly. There is a lot of adult drama over the descisions made by the school district last year, but trying not to let that taint the excitement of the milestone... As I had previously posted Kristy was very excited to meet her teacher and see her classroom. Making her stop on the way out the door for a picture was a bit much for her, and she really doesn't like the sun. She is going to Branch Elementary. It is a K-6 school. They have K-3 on the Branch campus, and the 4-6 on the Forbes Campus, the schools are side by side. This is a good thing being that they have AM-K, 1st and 4th grades all taking recess at the same time. So being at seperate schools should limit the contact between the older kids and younger, we hope.
She was not comfortable enough to sit down, instead she walked around the class trying to talk to her mostly shy classmates.
Her teacher Mrs. Larriva is very much about order and organization, so it should be a good learning environment. Kristy couldn't stop talking to her teacher, she all but told her, yours and my life story to her... oh yes it all came spewing out...
Katy also got to see where Kristy will be during the days. She was just as excited as the rest of us.

3 comments:

shortcakesmom said...

They are so darn cute!!! I don't know what I'll do with a kids hair...I'm way outta practice. Maybe I'll go with the GI jane look! haha

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

I'm so glad she had a great beginning of school. :)

Ahh Annie, that brings back memories. I don't blame her for loving it. It was the first movie I ever went and saw in the theaters. I think I was 4 or 5 years old.

Anonymous said...

Oh Myrna, she looks so grownup and what precious pictures you took. I love what you did with her hair. Hope things are great all year. Seems like she has a great teacher. So sorry she is so shy!!
Ha! Ha! Just like mommy, huh?