CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

April 02, 2009

Brief

Brian just finished a Mustache March for work. It was a morale challenge. All males were challenged to grow 'staches. They took pictures the first week of March and on the 31st and are deliberating on winners. Here is the March 31st view of Brian and I. I am so grateful for him. It's not the greatest picture, it is a little distorted being we only had a short arms length between us and the lens but it works. I am crazy right now with the deadline for the yearbook on monday the 6th, and very little help to get it done I have put myself in quit a place. I have a busy weekend coming up of getting this thing to the publishers. Last week myself and the gals at work (Sandy and Tina) started a biggest loser competition. Sandys husband James is also participating. We are weighing every wednesday before lunch. Whoever loses the most wight is off the hook for the week. Everyone else has to put a dollar for every pound in a pot that at the end of the 3 months will be given to the overall biggest loser. We had a 5th late addition that weighed this last wednesday. In the first week I lost 7 lbs. The pot now has $21 in it! Yeah! Of course now they know how serious I am so they will likely step it up. Though the money is not really the point of it, winning is and I am a little bit competitive. Haha... I will continue to do updates through out. Its amazing how simply cutting portions and choosing salad instead of fries and chicken sandwiches instead of burgers helps. I have also been pushing to drink half my weight in oz. of water a day. After that I will allow myself a little soda but by that time I really am not up for much soda. Brian has been encouraging and making me work out and pushing me to work harder than I would push myself.
Some of you may have heard about the F-22 that went down last week. At work I do a lot of work with the organization that works on the 22's. Brian and I had the honor of attending the memorial held for him here yesterday. One of the biggest things that was spoken of was the uncontrollable. How none of us know when our time is up and that living to the fullest is key so that there will not be regrets. All things combined I am at the point where I am done (almost- yearbook is almost done too) with living to get through the day and the week. I am ready to truly enjoy and stop putting off the things that I want for myself and my family. So that is the brief on me...
Katy has this attachment to her "babies". SHe won't get up without them and wont go to bed without them. Half the time she wants to take them with her when we leave the house also. I took advantage and snapped this shot of her. She is in a toddler bed and feels it a requirement to wake before Kristy and go to bed after. Just Katy. LOL. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a precious picture of little Katybug! What a cutie she is.

shortcakesmom said...

Little girls and their "babies". So cute!
Sounds like you all are doing great! Wish we were there enjoying things with ya. John got back Saturday, was nice to see him after a month of havin him gone. I think he was glad to be home too!
You are absolutely right. Life is very unpredictable and you never know what can happen. We should all live life to the fullest while we have it to live. We both realized that awhile ago, and have done our best to let go of the things that don't really matter and only spend our time on the things that do matter. :)
Good for you on the weight loss, wish I could say the same. It's slow goin here...PCOS and the thyroid issue is NOT fun at all!!!
But I'm dealing. Keep hangin in there girl, you'll get to your goal! I have faith in you, I always have. You're capable. And it helps to have your spouse nudge ya along. :) John's always supportive and I know that helps me!
Can't say I fancy that moustache of Brian's. But I suppose he didn't ask me did he? haha But good for him for participatin. Now shave it off! haha
I told John Kristy turned six and he said, "OH MY GOSH! She can't be!" Then said, "Wow, we are gettin OLD!" haha