
I just finished a few very long weeks. I am done with the yearbook for the elementary school and could not be happier. I learned a very valuable lesson, Super Mom is a name to be had not by the mom who does it all but the mom who knows when to say no. I volunteered my "skills" on the condition of assistance throughout the year and ended up with very minimal assistance and tons to do in a little amount of time. After doing the daily minimum requirements, I worked non stop on the yearbook and even roped a few people in to doing the repetitive work that I didn't have time for. Huge props to my Dad, friend Jill and volunteer Kellie. I love how kids (Kristy) has a way of making me see the wrong of my ways. She asked me are you done with the yearbook? I said yes. She said, "Yeah, now we can have fun again!"...... Where were my priorities? Well I had obligated myself but am now determined to be very selective about what "jobs" I will take on. She also told me one day, "You know _________'s mom stays home all day long!" "Yes, some mommies do that they stay home and take care of their kids and work at the house. There are days I wish I stayed at home." "Oh, well if that was me I would be out looking for a job!" She will absolutely with out a doubt be a go getter. I just hope that she is not so much like me that she takes on more than she needs to. Finding balance and setting priorities is my new goal so that I can teach my girls by example....
April 22, 2009
Lesson Learned
Posted by Myrna at 10:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Myrna,
I think you set a very good example for your girls by completing a project and following through. We all live and learn by our mistakes. Your girls are so precious. I love the new heading picture you have of them.
Post a Comment