Tonight, as many people did, we watched the "Idol Gives Back Show". Kristy was back and forth playing and watching. We were enjoying the comedy of Billy Crystal when Kristy said "Is that Miley Cyrus?"
Brian and I just exchanged a glance as Billy Crystal said "Meliy Cirrus".
We asked Kristy, Who is Miley Cirus?
Her response, "Oh, she's the one that's with Hannah Hotana (Montana), they have different hair and clothes but the same skin." We were impressed! Then we started to listen to her performance. We found ourselves fighting the urge to change the channel or mute the TV during her performance. It's not that she is not talented, but we can't connect with her music. Somethings help you realize why you have a PVR... FFWD.............
As the song continued we just kept looking at each other and finally Brian said, "I know I am old because I don't get her music."
Kristy then informed him,
"Yeah Daddy you are old because if you were 10 you would get it! Even if you were nine you would get it."
Of course our little 5 going on 25 year old has a lot that she doesn't quite get either. She has got a few jokes down now, thank you Nana for your help with that. She can successfully tell the "BooHoo" Knock knock joke and has pretty much got the "orange you glad" joke too. I guess at the end of the night I can feel good knowing Hannah can't be as bad as Barney, right?
April 09, 2008
We are old!
Posted by Myrna at 9:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment