CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 16, 2008

Kristy is reading!

Kristy has been getting better with sight words (the, on, at, is) and is learning so much. Tonight she picked her book to read before bed and asked if she could read to me instead. I said ok. She began looking and reading the book, Hop on Pop by Dr Suess. She sounded out all of the words only requiring assistance with "we" and "house". She got through the first 11 pages in about 15 minutes, and I finally had to cut her off being it was so late. With out a doubt she will be breezing through sooner than later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when the kids started reading....takes a lot of patience and time but it's so very worth it. She'll be great like her mom and dad!

shortcakesmom said...

Now these are the things I love to hear! I LOVE to read as you well know, so I'm always excited when there's a new reader out there! What fun! All the cool books she'll get to experience! I'm excited for her, and for you guys! What an accomplishment!