I went on a temporary duty (TDY) assignment for work. I got to go to Vegas for 5 days/4 nights for the West Coast Picture Framing Convention. It was really informative and the knowledge I gained will be very useful in day to day operations at work. Another fun fact I learned is that there are only about 15,000 Custom framers in the world!... wow. Brian was able to join me for part of the time. We were able to squeeze in a little bit of fun. We went to see the finals of the PBA bowling tournament that was in Vegas. It was as good a game as you can get with bowling... won/lost on the second to last ball! They set up the bleachers and chairs on the lanes, I find that so interesting. It was very fun.
We also went to see Wayne Brady "Making it up". It was a great show. And did you know not only is he a great improve comic but he is a singer. He has released some music on iTunes and the disc are out as well. I really like the track "Ordinary".
I stayed at the Excalibur and took this shot of NYNY at some point from a position that is difficult to get to and that is all I am saying because I could tell on myself if I say more.
I really spent more time in seminars and at the show than anywhere else, I just didn't really take many pictures. So here is one that I thought was kinda cool. I was trying to get images of everything because by day three I was so overloaded with info that I took pictures of everything so I could recall what I was seeing. This one just happened to have the light reflecting so that my reflection showed up. I like it...lol. I'm thoroughly exhausted though so I will post more later.
January 28, 2009
TDY
Posted by Myrna at 10:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I like the picture too, that turned out cool, huh?
Post a Comment